Students in grades 3, 4, and 5 are required to take standardized tests mandated by the Virginia Department of Education.
For the 2016-2017 school year, third, fourth and fifth grade students will take the SOL tests online using TestNav8 software. See the testing schedule below.
Third Grade Fourth Grade Fifth Grade *Math CAT *Math CAT *Math CAT *Reading CAT *Reading CAT *Reading CAT Virginia Studies *Science
*Click here to go to the new TestNav8. Then click on practice tests.* Click on the subject you wish to practice.
Click here to go to the VDOE site with all grade level test practice guides.
To find out more about the Standards of Learning exams:
The Virginia Department of Education:
- TestNav8 Practice and Learning
- Released past SOL Tests
- Archived released past SOL Tests
- Video for computer adaptive online testing in Virginia
- Video Guide to Computer Adaptive Testing
- Division of Student Assessment and School Improvement
- School Report Card
To help prepare your child, please visit the following links:
Online Practice Games:
- First in Math log in through Clever
- SOL Pass and SOL PASS Released SOL Tests
- Jefferson Labs
- Suffolk Star(many activities)
Spring 2017 Non-Writing ABES SOL Schedule:
Schedule coming soon!
SOL Expedited Retake Schedule:
4th VA Studies retake
3rd Reading retake
4th & 5th Reading retake
4th Math retake
5th Math retake
5th Science retake
3rd Math retake
**Make ups will take place every day.**
***Testing schedule is subject to change.***