Prom 2018 - Fredericksburg Expo Center | Saturday, June 2, 2018 | 8:00 PM-11:00 PM
Get ready for Prom 2018! Prom will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2018, from 8:00 PM-11:00 PM at the Fredericksburg Expo Center. The Fredericksburg Expo Center is located at 2371 Carl D. Silver Parkway, Fredericksburg, VA 22401.
Juniors and seniors will receive a formal invitation to Prom. All dues and debts must be paid in order for a student to attend Prom. Dues and debts may be paid in the Counseling Center to Ms. Leola Houston. The Counseling Center is open Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM-3:00 PM. In addition, student dues may be paid online through our online payment system. Seniors must have paid the senior class dues with the cap, gown, and activities option. For those Seniors that paid just for the cap and gown only, the difference must be paid in order to attend Prom. Payment methods in the Counseling Center include cash, check (before May 12), or money order. Please make checks and money orders out to North Stafford High School. Checks will not be accepted as a form of payment after May 11.
Guests Attending Prom:
Guests who are attending Prom must be invited by a junior or senior North Stafford High School student and the Guest Permission Form for Attending Prom 2018 must be completed. The junior or senior student must have paid their class dues, AP fees, and/or DE fees before submitting the guest permission form. A guest fee of $25.00 will be charged for all guests. Please pay with cash or a money order to the Main Office upon submission of the Guest Permission Form for Attending Prom 2018. Forms will be accepted Tuesday, May 1, 2018, through Friday, May 25, 2018. No late forms will be accepted. All guests must be approved. No unapproved guests will be admitted into the Prom Dance. Guests over the age of 20 will not be approved.
After Prom - Fun Land | 11:30 PM-4:00 AM
After Prom is sponsored by our Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO). After Prom is a substance-free, supervised, all-night After Prom party for our junior and senior students to attend, regardless of whether if they attended Prom. There is an additional fee to attend After Prom. After Prom will be held on Saturday, June 2, 2018, from 11:30 PM-4:00 AM (Sunday, June 3, 2018) at Fun Land. There is no public transportation from Prom to After-Prom.
Fun Land is located at 1351 Central Park Blvd., Fredericksburg, VA 22401.
After Prom Additional Fee:
After Prom has an additional fee to attend that is not included with our regular student dues. After Prom costs $20.00 and tickets to After Prom may be purchased during all lunches on select dates in May. Tickets may be purchased at the door but will incur a $25.00 fee.
After Prom Activities:
After Prom will take place at Fun Land that has hosts a variety of games, rides, and other attractions. Raffle prizes will be given out throughout the entire event with the Grand Prize giveaway beginning at 3:00 AM. All students must be present to win a prize.
After Prom Rules and Regulations:
- Students must enter Fun Land beginning at 11:30 PM on Saturday, June 2, 2018, until 12:15 AM on Sunday, June 3, 2018. No students will be allowed entry after 12:15 AM. After Prom concludes at 4:00 AM.
- Students and their guests must have a photo ID (school ID or driver's license/permit) and After Prom ticket in order to enter the building.
- No alcohol and/or drug use will be tolerated.
- All North Stafford High School Junior and Senior students are welcome to attend After Prom, regardless of whether they attended Prom.
- North Stafford High School students must escort their guests. Guests will not be allowed to attend After Prom without the North Stafford High School student who invited them.
- Prizes will be awarded beginning at 12:15 AM and continue through the rest of the event. Students must be in the building when their ticket is drawn in order to win that prize. North Stafford High School students can only win one of the end of evening grand prizes.
- If a student would like to leave After Prom before 4:00 AM, a phone call to their parent/guardian will be made letting the parent/guardian know that they are leaving After Prom. A parent/guardian must answer the phone call to permit the student to leave.
- Arrangements for early morning rides home must be discussed prior to the end of After Prom. Once a student leaves the building, he/she will not be allowed to re-enter.
Volunteer and Donations for After Prom (Adults Only):
There are a variety of ways that our school community can assist with After Prom.
The After Prom Committee is requesting $10.00-$50.00 gift card donations that will be used for prizes. You can also donate snacks for the evening event.
Volunteers are needed to chaperone during After Prom. All of our parents/guardians are welcome to volunteer regardless of which grade level their child is currently in. To view the volunteer opportunities and sign-up, point your Web browser to http://signup.com/go/orjsDkb.
Admission to Prom
In order to be admitted into the Prom dance, you must complete and/or have the following:
- The completed North Stafford High School Dance Contract for Prom 2018 (completed through your @scps.net Google account)
- Only Junior and Senior students who have paid their dues and have no outstanding debts are invited to Prom.
- You must have your North Stafford High School Student ID. You will not be admitted into Prom without a North Stafford High School Student ID.
- A driver's license will be accepted for non-North Stafford High School students only.
- North Stafford High School guests (in grades 9 or 10) must have their North Stafford High School Student ID.
- Guests will not be permitted to enter the Prom Dance unless they have been approved and are on the official guest list.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you will be turned away at the entrance.
Prom Rules and Regulations
In order to promote a healthy, safe, enjoyable evening for all of our students, the following procedures will be in place for our Prom dance. All parents/guardians, students, and guests must abide by the rules and regulations below. This agreement must be signed by the student, parent/guardian, and/or guest. This document is available to be downloaded and signed below in the Downloadable Files section. Our high school encourages our families to discuss these rules and regulations together with their student prior to the dance.
Rules and Regulations:
- North Stafford High School policy states that all guests must be under the age of 21 and that middle school students may not attend. All North Stafford High School students and their guests must complete the guest contract and are required to abide by all school rules and terms of the contract. All North Stafford High School students are limited to one guest. Anyone exhibiting disruptive behavior will be removed from the dance, parents/guardians will be notified, and no refunds will be given. Prom is held off-campus and for the purpose of this event, the building and parking lot where the event is held is considered School Board property and is subject to all Stafford County Public Schools rules and regulations.
- The dance will begin at 8:00 PM and end at 11:00 PM. No students will be admitted after 10:00 PM unless prior arrangements have been made with our school principal, Mr. Hornick.
- Once students enter the dance, they must remain in the building until ready to leave for the evening. Please make sure that you have everything you need (e.g. picture money, picture forms, coats, etc.). When leaving, students must leave the school grounds and may not return. No loitering is allowed in the parking lot.
- Students who do not drive themselves to the dance must be picked up no later than 11:15 PM at the end of the dance. Students may be denied attendance to future dances if their ride is late.
- All North Stafford High School student guests must have a valid picture ID to verify eligibility to attend a dance.
- Any person suspended or expelled from Stafford County Public Schools or any other school district may not attend a dance or any other school function.
- All students will wear wrist bands when they enter the Prom dance. Students who dance in an inappropriate manner will have their wrist bands removed. Students who dance in an inappropriate, lewd and lascivious manner such as "freaking" or "grinding" will be asked to leave the dance. They will not receive a refund of the admission fee, nor will they be eligible to attend the next school dance. Rules for inappropriate dancing include, but are not limited to:
- No straddling legs with partner;
- No crotch-to-crotch or crotch-to-buttocks;
- No touching of breasts, buttocks, or genitals;
- No "moshing;"
- No hands on floor; and
- No multiple student freak dancing.
- Inappropriate dancing is up to the discretion of the chaperones and will not be debated! Parents/guardians will be notified if students have been asked to leave the dance.
- Appropriate dancing consists of both feet on the floor and hands on the waist or shoulders only. For safety reasons, dancers need to avoid excessive crowding together in the center of the dance floor.
- Students must not leave valuables unattended.
- Shoes must be worn during the entire dance.
- Students are reminded that the Stafford County Public Schools Code of Conduct applies to all participants at any after school function, including dances. Failure to comply with the rules may result in the potential loss of after school activities and events.
- Students suspected of being under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be subject to evaluation and/or field sobriety testing, which can include a breathalyzer test.
Formal Dress Code
A formal dress code is required to attend Prom.
Dress Standards for Young Men:
- Tuxedo that includes: jacket, tie and vest/cummerbund
- Suite that includes: jacket and tie
- Shirt must remain on and tucked in for the entire dance. Jackets may be removed after entering Prom.
- All head coverings are to be removed when entering Prom and remain off.
- Appropriate dress shoes - no sneakers/tennis shoes
Dress Standards for Young Women:
- Dresses must be no shorter than fingertip length.
- Full midriffs must be covered.
- The neckline of your dress must not plunge below the bottom of your bra line.
- Backs may not be lower than the natural waistline.
- No see-through material which exploses thighs or midriff.
- Slits may not be higher than fingertip length.
- Formal pantsuits may be worn.
- Appropriate dress shoes - no sneakers/tennis shoes
Guests who are attending Prom must be invited by a junior or senior North Stafford High School student and the Guest Permission Form for Attending Prom 2018 must be completed. The junior or senior student must have paid their class dues, AP fees, and/or DE fees before submitting the guest permission form. A guest fee of $25.00 will be charged for all guests. Please pay with cash or a money order to the Main Office upon submission of the Guest Permission Form for Attending Prom 2018. Forms will be accepted Tuesday, May 1, 2018, until Friday, May 25, 2018. No late forms will be accepted. All guests must be approved. No unapproved guests will be admitted into the Prom Dance. Guests over the age of 20 will not be approved.