Air Force Junior Reserve Officer Training Corp (AFJROTC) - VA-20052
AIM HIGH! FLY! FIGHT! WIN!
AFJROTC sheet banner (USAF graphic, Andy Yacenda, Defense Media Activity-San Antonio) with added Unit Crest.
MissionDevelop citizens of character dedicated to serving their nation and community.
Instill values of citizenship, service to the United States, personal responsibility, and sense of accomplishment.
Personnel and Resources
The AFJROTC staff includes 31 headquarters’ personnel and more than 1,910 retired Air Force officer and enlisted military instructors. There are about 890 Air Force Junior ROTC units with more than 120,000 cadets in high schools across the United States and select Department of Defense Dependent Schools in Europe and the Pacific as well as public schools in Puerto Rico and Guam. The Air Force plans to continue expansion efforts to 955 units by 2020 when funds are available, with expected enrollment of over 135,000 cadets.Organization
Air Force JROTC is not a recruiting tool for the military services and those students who participate in AFJROTC do not incur any obligation to the Air Force.
ObjectivesThe objectives of Air Force Junior ROTC are to educate and train high school cadets in citizenship and life skills; promote community service; instill a sense responsibility; develop character and self-discipline through education and instruction in air and space fundamentals and the Air Force’s core values of “integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.”
Headlines & Features
PROJECT POSSUM MICROGRAVITY FLIGHT RESEACH CAMPAIGN 2018
May 15, 2019 (midnight EDT): NORTH STAFFORD PROPOSAL SUBMITTED
June, 2019: Winners are notified to continue with design and fabrication of payloads.
July 10, 2019: Payloads are shipped to Integrated Spaceflight Services.
July – October 2019: Hardware Preparedness Period
October 14-18, 2019: Flight dates
18 MAY PT & DRONE COMP
08:00-14:00 NSHS GYM & FIELDS
18 MAY MISSION BBQ COLOR GUARD
More info in Calendar & Downloadable Files.
MCOLS 2019 Supply List
See Downloadable Files
MCOLS 2019 INFO & MEETING SCHEDULE
- NEW INFO: Pay tuition ($225) online at JROTC MCOLS TUITION, https://osp.osmsinc.com/StaffordVA/BVModules/ProductTemplates/BVC%202004%20Layout/Product.aspx?productid=CJ007-205
MCOLS is scheduled for 16-22 June.
MCOLS Cadet Handbook is loaded on Downloadable Files.
The next three cadet-parent-instructors' meetings follow, with specific dates TBD:
Meeting 2 CHANGED from 7 Mar to 28 Mar
Meeting 2 Permission Slips & Tuition Due
- 11 APR: Meeting 3 Uniform Measurements/Issue; MCOLS Prep
- 9 MAY; Meeting 3 Uniform Check--Hanging Travel Bag issued, packed and stored.
- 6 JUN; Meeting 4 MOBAG Drag--
all required items and equipment inspected.
The MOBAG(s) will contain all items per the MCOLS Cadet Handbook Checklists.
- Hanging Bag and "MOBAGS" will be secured in the Cadet Activity Room.
- Personal /carry-on bags will be the responsilbity of the cadet and will be carried onto the bus upon departure for MCOLS.
The field trip has been approved by SCPS, and we now have 20 MCOLS slots.
3 reserved for returning Cadre Cadets
9 re cadets have turned in completed forms
8 slots are still open for qualified applicants
The priority is to take cadets who have never attended, though we will take at least three MCOLS-veterans as cadre-selects, Cadets Echevarria, Glenn and Panjshiri.
Currently, there are many cadets who have indicated interest in attending MCOLS, so the first 20 qualified cadets are "go" status and the remaining are "standby."
Any "go" cadet who resigns the slot or fails to meet the requirements below will be changed to "standby," and a qualified standby cadet will advance to "go" status.
IF we receive more slots, such as five more for example--then they will be advanced to "go" status.
All candidates must complete or meet the following steps/standards:
- Turn in a fully completed MCOLS Permission Package NLT 28 March
- Pay or make arrangemenst for the $225 Tuition Fee NLT 28 March
(online NSHS or make checks to NSHS; write “MCOLS & cadet last name in memo).
- Participate in 85% of MCOLS and PT training sessions.
- Be able to march and/or lead the 30-Step Drill sequence.
- Achieve the recommended PFT scores:
1 Mile Run 11:00 9:30
Sit-Ups (1 min.) 25 25
Push Ups 11 20
Shuttle Run (sec.) 12.5 11
V-Sit Reach 1.25" .25"
- Procure all REQUIRED items IAW MCOLS Cadet Handbook, Ch. 8.
- Be issued and have altered as necessary all required UNIFORM items IAW MCOLS Cadet Handbook, Chapter 8.
- Maintain positive GPA, outstanding dress and appearance standards, and uphold the Cadet Creed behavior standards.
It may be that if you use the WalMart app.
Download/open the app.
- Enter your zip code or city and state
- Select a school/class [North Stafford, MCOLS 2019 Supply List]
- Select view list
- Choose whether to save to shopping list
- Search Walmart.com or your local store for items
- Add items to cart and checkout
One thing I could'nt find a way to put on the list is that you should check the TRAVEL section in the toiletries area; you can find small containers, very low priced, for many of the personal hygeine items on this list.
If any quesitons, let me know. Thanks for your committment to help your cadet get ready for MCOLS.