Welcome to the Grafton Elementary Library!
I miss you all so much!
Checkout new books using Sora! Watch Mrs. Lieser's video for how to checkout new ebooks and audiobooks!
Checkout the Read-Aloud Section to hear some great picture AND chapter books read to you.
Virtual office hours for Mrs. Lieser
M-F 10 am to 10:45 am
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions! I would love to hear from you!
What do you need to know about the library?
1. Mrs. Lieser is your librarian, and Mrs. Smith is the library assistant. We are here to help you!
2. Libraries can be big and overwhelming places. We have added many displays and signs to help you find an awesome book.
3. One of my favorite parts about being a librarian is talking with students about what they are reading. If you are excited about a book, please tell us! Also, if you are having trouble finding a book that you are excited to read, please tell us! It is my great pleasure to help you find a book that you can't put down.
4. Students can check out books for up to 2 weeks at a time. If you are not finished with your book, don't worry. You can renew your book for another 2 weeks. If you finish your book early, just drop it off in the book return bin and find a new book! Kindergartners can check out one book at a time, and all other grades can check out 2 books at a time.
5. Did you know libraries are one of the best place to learn? Not only can you take home wonderful stories to read, but you can also use the library to create, build, and discover new interests and talents. We are working to build our Makerspace in the library. Students have an opportunity to work together on projects by first planning out their strategy and then working collaboratively to try, try, and try again. They will learn to examine what went wrong in a project and how they can work together to find a new solution.
6. We will be participating in the Virginia Reader's Choice (VRC) Program again this year! Students in grades K-2 will study all ten VRC nominees with Mrs. Lieser and vote for both the Virginia winner as well as the Grafton Village winner. Students in grades 3-5 will read the books independently. If students complete 6 out of the 10 books, they are invited to a voting party in the library! Students who read all 10 VRC book nominees will be treated to a field trip with Mrs. Lieser and Mrs. Smith!
Librarian: Katherine Counsell
Library Assistant: Sheryl Smith