Welcome to Miss LaVerde’s Class!
As we begin school this year, I am aware that there are many uncertains. Please rest assured, as myself and my teammates are notified of any updates, I will be sure to make each family in my class aware.
I have included the most up-to-date return to school plan for the 2020-2021 school-year. More details for this can be found at: https://www.staffordschools.net/domain/6332
Students will return to school virtually on August 31, 2020.
Virtual learning will include the following:
High-speed Internet access is necessary for successful participation in virutal learning. Should families require support in this area, please contact your student's school.Support services for students will be provided as needed. Should your student require academic, social, or emotional support, parents should contact the school.
- Instruction from a qualified teacher from Stafford County.
- Academic content that is delivered and assessed through synchronous instruction by their classroom teacher and online modules that require students to read passages, actively watch videos, and do independent assignments and practice.
- A variety of electives, honor sections, and special programs.
- Instruction five days per week.
- All courses necessary to fulfill Standards of Learning will be offered for students.
- All year-end assessments (SOL, CTE industry certifications, etc.).
Special education services will be determined by Individual Education Plan (IEP) teams and will be based on individualized student needs, as well as each student's least restrictive environment. Professional development will be provided for staff and parents to help support students with IEPs/504s remotely. IEP/504 meetings will be encouraged to discuss the unique needs of these students.
For students not covered through an IEP or 504, but who need learning support, refer to a Student Education Committee (SEC) team at your student's school.
English learners will be supported by a qualified teacher. The amount of time and types of services provided will be determined by the student's English language level, most recent WIDA ACCESS scores, and individual needs.