Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Stafford County. In order to make a registration appointment, please contact the school registrar, Mrs. Rosa Smith at (540) 658-6115 x114 or email@example.com
Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Stafford County.
Stafford schools welcome all students regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, national origin or disabling condition who live within the boundaries of the Stafford County Public School district and meet state age and health requirements. Parents should enroll their child as soon as they arrive in Stafford County at the school they will be attending by making an appointment at the appropriate school. If you have questions about which school your child should attend, call the Central Office at (540) 658-6000. Children who will be five years old on or before September 30 and have not reached age twenty on or before August 1 are eligible for admission.
We encourage you to Click this Link to use our Online Registration system (please note after completing the online portion of registration, you will still need to complete and provide some documents in person with the registering school).
When you register, please bring the following:
- Proof of Residency (Must provide one of these: Deed, Lease, Tax Bill - Please click here for additional documents needed for registering a student to Stafford County Public Schools.)
- Official birth certificate
- A transfer slip or report card from a previous school
- A copy of the current IEP and reports if the student has been receiving special education services
- A physical examination report completed within one year of school entry for grades K-5. Any students entering or returning to school in the United States must also furnish a physical examination done within one year.
- School Entrance Health Form MCH-213G
- School Entrance Health Information (health history)
- Completed TB Risk Assessment Form, negative skin test or chest x-ray
- Proof of legal custody when applicable
- Student Registration Form (English) (Revised Jan 2017)
- Student Registration Form (Spanish) Spanish (Revised April 2015)
Your child must be immunized against Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough), Tetanus (DPT), Poliomyelitis (IPV/OPV), Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B, and Chicken Pox (Varicella). Preschool students must also have Pneumococcal vaccine series. The following are required of all students:
- Four doses of DTaP, with one dose after the fourth birthday; for all new students as of fall 2010
- Four doses of IPV/OPV, with one dose after the fourth birthday; for all new students as of fall 2010
- Two doses of Measles and Mumps vaccine, and one dose of Rubella vaccine (usually given as MMR) , first dose given at 12 months and second dose at 4 years old/before entering school
- Three doses of Hepatitis B following the recommended schedule
- Two doses of Varicella vaccine for students entering kindergarten as of fall 2010; at least one dose Varicella vaccine for all students, two doses required for grades K-6
- A Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) booster is required of students grades 6-12
- An HPV(Human Pappillomavirus) vaccine is recommended for girls entering 6th grade as of fall 2009. FDA approval has been made for boys to also receive HPV.
- A Pneumococcal vaccine (PCV) booster is required of all students age 24 to 60 months as of 2014
Immunization records must show the month, day, and year of vaccines received as well as signature of health care provider.
Students who do not have the necessary immunizations and/or a physical examination will not be allowed to attend school. However, students may be conditionally enrolled if their health records indicate that they have had a current dose of the vaccines and parents present a written schedule from a physician for completing the immunizations within ninety days of enrollment.
The Stafford County Health Department provides immunizations on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m., on an appointment only basis. Call 540-659-3101 for further information or appointments.
Virginia Code Related to Immunizations