Welcome to all of our new students including our large military connected student population. On this page are a variety of resources that would be important for anyone new to Margaret Brent Elementary and to Stafford County Public Schools. There are also some resources that are specific to our military families.
If you are new to MBES, we hope you find all you need on this website devoted to you. We are here to help make your transition to our school as easy and comfortable as possible. Counselors conduct New Bobcats groups for all new students at the beginning of the year. Throughout the year, our Student Ambassadors will escort new students to meet the counselors and others in the building as well as help them build new friendships and learn about their new school. Both programs have as their goals, a warm and inviting environment in which all students feel they are important and belong.
MBES has special events throughout the year to recognize the sacrifices and contributions of military families. Below are some of the ways we support students and families who are military-connected:
- Veteran’s Day Wall of Heroes
- New Bobcats Lunch Bunch Groups
- Staff-wide training opportunities on the needs of military connected students and their families
- Deployment Counseling Groups led by our Quantico School Liaison Team
- Purple Up! Day in April to celebrate the Month of the Military Child
- Our Bobcat counselors also offer many skills-based groups for all students throughout the year, including stress management and friendship building groups.
Laura Hoover and Lisa Duncan are the school-based military student support points of contact. The Military School Liaison Officer from Quantico is Penny Rowley. Please let us know if there is anything you need. You can reach the registrar Joanne Flores-Hite at email@example.com or call the front office at 540-658-6790 and any of the friendly staff in the office can assist you.
At Margaret Brent Elementary School! Where we believe that working together, anything is possible.