Behind the Wheel Program 2020-21
Prerequisites for taking Behind the Wheel
- Must have taken and passed classroom Drivers Education Course
- Must have learner’s permit
- Attend a Student/Parent Meeting - Partners for Safe Teen Driving (Information and link are below)
- At least 5-10 hours of driving experience prior to sign up
The Behind the Wheel Class
In order for the student to be enrolled in the class, the student must also be taking a 10th grade PE class, an elective PE for 11th and 12th grades or be an office aide.
To be enrolled students will need to follow the BTW sign up form link above and fill out the information sheet.
Cost of the class is $225 (cash, check or pay online. For online payments follow this link CJ005-115).
The length of the course is 7 school days, 50 minutes per day.
Please contact Drivers Education Coordinator or Drivers education instructors if you have any questions:
Steve Cassiday: Cassidaysk@staffordschools.net
Andrew deToll: email@example.com
Matt Waite: firstname.lastname@example.org
Partners for Safe Teen Drivers Meeting Information
Welcome to our Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting. If a student plans to take the Behind the Wheel through Stafford County Public Schools or through a private driving company, the parent and student must attend this Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting. In order to be eligible for Behind the Wheel, students must have a valid Virginia's learners permit, passed classroom driver education, and attended the Parent-Teen Driver Meeting. A student will not be allowed to register for Behind the Wheel training without meeting all requirements. Stafford County Schools is committed to working with parents to keep our students safe and reduce teen crashes.
To access the Partners for Safe Teen Drivers meeting, click on the link below. The student will need to select "login" at the top right of the page in order to have access to all course content and quizzes. At the end of the course, students will be prompted to fill out a google form for attendance. Students will also be emailed a certificate of completion. If you have any questions, please contact your buildings driver education coordinator or behind the wheel instructors.
Link for meeting- Parent Teen Meeting
Contact Information- Behind the Wheel Instructors
Matt Waite email@example.com
Andrew detoll firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Cassiday email@example.com
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PICKING UP PDL’S
Your Students Issue Date________ Your Student is Eligible on this date_____________
- Your student may pick up their PDL at MVHS after they have held their permit for 9 months.
- Parent or guardian must come in with the student to pick up the PDL. The parent/guardian will also sign the PDL and put their license # on it.
- Student must have the completed 45 hour driving log & 1-30 check list & learners permit with them. Please pull the 1-30 checklist pages and the 45 hour log pages out of the workbook and staple them together.
PDL’s will be issued on MONDAYS ONLY from 8:30-9:30 am on the curb at the P.E. and weight room entrance doors (Door #16). Please remain in the car at all times and we will come out to you.
Please email Mr. deToll (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Waite (email@example.com) to notify them the time the parent and student will be arriving.
*If you will be picking up your PDL in the summer months, call the MVHS office at 658-6840 to ask about what time and day to come in.