Forge Flex Starts Now
What is Forge Flex?
Forge Flex, or Advisory, is time for Eagles to get more out of their classes. You'll be able to:
- Review content you struggled with
- Make up short activities you missed
- Get help on assignments
- Go beyond the test to dive deeper into the material
- Practice skills
- And more...
Can I be on my cell phone during Forge Flex?
No. This is instructional time. Stafford Schools policy bans cell phones during instructional time.
Do I have to do work during Flex?
Yes! This is class time, just in a new format.
How do I know where to go?
- Each day of the week has a block (1-4) assigned to it. You'll go whichever rotation day (X/Y) matches the day's rotation day. For example, "It's a Tuesday and a Y day, so I go to 1Y."
- Mondays, go to homeroom.
- Tuesday, go to first block. If it's X Day, go to 1X. If it's Y Day, go to 1Y.
- Wednesday, go to second block. If it's X Day, go to 2X. If it's Y Day, go to 2Y.
- Thursday, go to third block. If it's X Day, go to 3X. If it's Y Day, go to 3Y.
- Friday, go to fourth block. If it's X Day, go to 4X. If ti's Y Day, go to 4Y.
A Message from Our Principal
August 1, 2023
Greetings Forge Families,
I hope you are looking forward to the new school year! We cannot wait to welcome our students back to the building next week. As we prepare for the new school year, I want to provide you with information regarding a change to our Lunch Schedule that will provide our students with increased opportunities to experience academic success.
The lunch hour is divided into two 30-minute sections, Lunch A and B. Students will attend a homeroom or designated class opposite their lunch block on a rotational schedule that mirrors their academic schedule. While in the class, students will have the opportunity to work with their teacher on current assignments, receive remediation, homework help, or participate in enrichment. The class will be assigned based on the designated X day or a Y day as indicated below.
During the first three weeks of school, school counselors will be busy processing schedules changes and class adjustments. Therefore, students will attend their homeroom class opposite their lunch block. Students will be able to see their lunch designated class in StudentVue once schedule changes and class adjustments have been processed.
The purpose of this adjustment is to renew our focus on creating a safe, engaging, and welcoming environment for all. Please take a few moments to review the schedule below. Also, be aware that this schedule may change based on student or building needs. It is our belief that these changes will increase the amount of time students have with their current teachers and bring a level of intentionality to a student's experience during the lunch period.
Thank you for your support and see you at Open House!
Gregory O. Daniel
High School Bell Schedule
- Block 1 starts at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 8:48 a.m. for a total of 78 minutes.
- Block 2 starts at 8:53 a.m. and ends at 10:11 a.m. for a total of 78 minutes.
- Lunch A/Intervention starts at 10:15 a.m. and ends at 10:45 a.m. for a total of 30 minutes.
- Lunch B/Intervention starts at 10:50 a.m. and ends at 11:15 a.m. for a total of 25 minutes.
- Block 3 starts at 11:19 a.m. and ends at 12:37 p.m. for a total of 78 minutes.
- Block 4 starts at 12:42 p.m. and ends at 2:00 p.m. for a total of 78 minutes.
- Lunch A is 100s/200s Hallways, P.E., and Performing Arts
- Lunch B is 300s/400s Hallways