3rd Grade At Home Learning
Dear Third Grade Families,
As shared in the letter from Mrs. Wardlow, the Third Grade Team has developed some “at home” learning activities to support you and your child during the school closure. We are using email as our source for communication, so if you have any questions, please email your teacher directly. Each of us will be available from 9:15-10:00 and 4:00-4:45 Monday-Friday to answer questions and provide support. Of course you may email anytime. The times listed above will be the times that we are at our computers to give immediate answers. Please be patient if we do not answer immediately during these times. We will be answering emails in the order they come in.
- We will be using Google Classroom to share learning activities. Access to Google was sent home prior to spring break.
- Learning time for “hard copy” work is approximately 45-60 minutes. Every child works at a different pace, so some may take less while others take more time.
- Please read 20 minutes a day with your child. They still love picture books, so reading to them is as good as them reading to you or reading independently.
- Computer learning time is approximately 30-40 minutes in addition to the hard copy time. You may vary computer learning time during the day. Ideas: 20 minutes of Lexia in the am and 20 minutes of Dreambox or Prodigy (math) in the pm.
- You may access Lexia, Dreambox, and Prodigy through the Clever app or clever.com. Log-on information was sent home before spring break. If you need information, please email your teacher for help or to answer questions.
We are also including a link to a couple of virtual tours. This website includes tours of museums, zoos, aquariums, and some places around the world! It also includes some really cool activities to go along with it.
Our specialists have created a Tic Tac Toe choice board with additional activities to support the arts and movement. Each teacher will send it out as an attachment in an email this week.
Lastly, our counseling department and staff have planned activities for our first ever At-home Spirit Week. Each teacher is sending you the information to participate and share your pictures so we can connect as a community.
We will send out updates as we get new information or ideas. We miss you and are here for you!!
Third Grade Teachers