The 5th Grade Team:
Ms. Hamner,team lead
Unfortunately, our school year on-campus experience has come to an unexpected halt. Even though this may bring challenges, we are happy that you all are home safe with your families.
This link leads to an educational packet provided by Stafford County Public Schools.
While you are at home, we would like to encourage you to participate in various aspects of virtual learning. Please continue to visit our online resources such as: Dreambox, SolPass, Jlab, ReadTheory, Readworks, Istation and XtraMath. Starting the week of April 6th, as we receive more directives, additional resources and lessons will be provided on Google Classroom and on our class webpages. These online tools are resources that are being offered to you. Let's keep our brains sharp!
If you need help or assistance, please call/text/ or email your child's teacher, Monday-Friday 12:00pm-2:00pm. We are here for you!
Tips For Parents Teaching At Home:
- Keep a daily routine.
- Take brain breaks as needed and allow students opportunities to recharge. GoNoodle.com offers physical activities.
- Encourage problem solving.
- Play games and try to make the learning fun.
- Cook together and involve children in everyday activities.
- Create and discuss ground rules and expectations/boundaries.
- Let kids share ownership of their learning.