Registration packets may be picked up in the Guidance Office between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm. Parents or legal guardian MUST register the student. Guardians and foster parents must provide court custody papers to register a student. If you have any questions about registration, please call Mrs. Beebe, Guidance Secretary, (540) 658-6240.
Documents Required for Enrollment:
· Proof of Residency: Purchase or lease agreement, rent or mortgage statement, utility bill or any bill with name and address on it, bank statement, auto insurance bill, or notarized Affidavit for proof of residency. (This form is provided by the school.) A drivers license is not acceptable (Virginia Code 22.1-4.1).
CLICK HERE for all the specific examples that are acceptable.
· Original Birth Certificate: An original certified birth certificate is required. (Virginia Code 22.1-3.1) Photocopies, hospital birth cards, or passports will not be accepted. If not available, an Affidavit (form provided by the school) must be completed, signed, and notarized. The Stafford County Sheriff’s Office will be notified when a birth certificate is not provided within 90 days.
· Immunizations Records: Proof of the following immunizations for all ages (Virginia Code 22.1-271.2):
o 3 doses DPT and OPV (one after fourth birthday)
o TDAP Booster required for 6th, 7th, 8th (Dtap, DTP, or Tdap)
o 2 doses MMR
o 3 doses Hepatitis B
o 1 dose Chicken Pox/Varicella (6th grade) if born after January 1, 1997
Stafford County Health Clinic offers free immunizations every Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (540)659-3101
· Final Grades: Report card or transcript from the previous school
· IEP/504 Plan: If your child has this plan. Please provide copies or any information from the previous school.
You may also visit the Stafford County Website at http://stafford.schoolfusion.us for further information under Parents, “Registering Your Child for School"