Skip To Main Content

Foster Care

Any student who is in foster care and placed through the Virginia Department of Social Services must follow the provisions mandated in the Fostering Connections guidance.  The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) Social Worker must contact the Fostering Connection Liaison prior to the change of placement in order to schedule a Best Interest Determination meeting.  The Social Worker must submit Form A-17, the Notice of Student Receiving Foster Care Services, to begin this process.

If a student is placed through another state's Department of Social Services, an Interstate Compact Agreement must be completed.  

Contact Information

Chrissy Blankenship
School Social Work Coordinator
📞 (540) 658-6663