Specialty Centers of Stafford County Public Schools
Stafford County Public Schools has expanded its curriculum, launching Specialty Centers of Stafford - comprehensive, specialized, 4-year pathways for like-minded high school students designed to offer a rich academic experience that leads to high quality post-secondary outcomes. Each center will feature multiple pathways tailored to specific student interests and career goals and incorporate work-based learning experiences that elevate the student educational experience. The initiative underscores Stafford Schools' dedication to academic excellence, fostering high expectations and expanding opportunities through interdisciplinary coursework, while supporting the division’s goal that every student will have a plan to be employed, enlisted, and/or enrolled in a post-secondary institution upon graduation. Further, the Specialty Centers engage the community and business leaders in the learning experience through mutually beneficial partnerships designed to offer real-world opportunities and mentorships in high-demand career fields to Stafford students.
Each Specialty Center is housed within a Stafford County high school. The Specialty Centers will:
- Provide enhanced 4-year courses of study.
- Preserve & integrate existing high school programs
- Provide meaningful educational options & career pathways for every student.
Beginning in Fall 2024, the following Specialty Centers are open for student enrollment:
- Leadership, Education, and Public Service (LEAPS) Center at Mountain View High School
- Engineering Professions and Industries of Construction (EPIC) Center at Stafford High School
- Community Health and Medical Professions (CHAMP) Center at Brooke Point High School
For more information, download the Specialty Center Guide or contact Academic Programs.