We encourage you to use the Online Registration system (please note after completing the online portion of registration, you will still need to complete and provide some documents in person with the registering school).
When you register, please bring the following:
- Proof of Residency (Must provide one of these: Deed, Lease, Tax Bill - Please click here for additional documents needed for registering a student to Stafford County Public Schools.
- Official birth certificate
- A transfer slip or report card from a previous school
- A copy of the current IEP and reports if the student has been receiving special education services
- A physical examination report completed within one year of school entry for grades K-5. Any students entering or returning to school in the United States must also furnish a physical examination done within one year.
- School Entrance Health Form MCH-213G
- School Entrance Health Information (health history)
- Completed TB Risk Assessment Form, negative skin test or chest x-ray
- Proof of legal custody when applicable
- Student Registration Form (English) (Revised Jan 2019)
- Student Registration Form (Spanish) Spanish (Revised January 2019)
Your child must be immunized against Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough), Tetanus (DPT), Poliomyelitis (IPV/OPV), Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Hepatitis B, Chicken Pox (Varicella), and Hepatitis A. Preschool students must also have Pneumococcal, Rotavirus, and Hepatitis A vaccine series. Seventh graders and twelfth graders are required to have the Meningococcal vaccine. The following are required of all students:
- Four doses of DTaP, with one dose after the fourth birthday; for all new students as of fall 2010
- Four doses of IPV/OPV, with one dose after the fourth birthday; for all new students as of fall 2010
- Two doses of Measles and Mumps vaccine, and one dose of Rubella vaccine (usually given as MMR), first dose given at 12 months and second dose after the 4th birthday
- Three doses of Hepatitis B following the recommended schedule
- Two doses of Varicella vaccine for students entering kindergarten as of fall 2010; at least one dose Varicella vaccine for all students, two doses required for grades K-11, second dose after the 4th birthday.
- A Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis) booster is required of students grades 7-12 as of fall of 2019
- A two dose series of HPV(Human Papillomavirus) vaccine is required for students entering 7th grade for fall of 2021. After reviewing the educational materials provided by the Board of Health, the parent or guardian, at the parent’s or guardian’s sole discretion, may elect for the child not to receive the HPV vaccine.
- A Pneumococcal vaccine (PCV) booster is required of all students age 24 to 60 months as of 2014
- Two doses of Hepatitis A series for Pre-K and Kindergarten for fall of 2021
- Two doses of Meningococcal Vaccine series. First dose required for 7th grade enrollment and the Final required dose prior to the start of 12th grade fall 2021.
Immunization records must show the month, day, and year of vaccines received as well as the signature of the health care provider.
Students who do not have the necessary immunizations and/or a physical examination are not allowed to attend school. However, students may be conditionally enrolled if their health records indicate that they have had a current dose of the vaccines and parents present a written schedule from a physician for completing the immunizations within 90 days of enrollment.
Virginia Code Related to Immunizations