Proposed School Site: A portion of Stafford County Tax Map Parcel ID 36-37
Opening Date: Slated for August 2026
Background: Elementary School 18 (ES18) is planned to house up to 964 students and serve grades K through 5. This 107,000+/- square foot building will be designed and constructed utilizing the most current Stafford County Public Schools education specifications and in accordance with updated Facility Design Standards.
Proposed Location: A land acquisition team made up of County and Stafford Schools staff considered sites in the southwest quadrant of the County to locate the elementary school. After considering all potential sites, the team recommended a 34.7-acre portion of Tax Map Parcel 36-37 for use.
Estimated Budget: The School Board's FY2024-33 Capital Improvement Plan estimates the construction costs for ES18 to be $58,830,000.
Analysis of Need: As Stafford County continues to grow in population, building this new elementary school will relieve overcrowding and also significantly improve quality of life and community development opportunities.
Proposed Project Timeline:
- Land acquisition - Winter 2022/Summer 2023
- Schematic design - Summer/Fall 2023
- Final design and bidding - Spring/Summer 2024
- Construction - Summer 2024 through Spring/Summer 2026
- Open - August 2026
- Superintendent's Listen and Learn - Tuesday, January 17, at 6 p.m., at Hartwood ES (14 Shackelford Well Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22406)
- Community Meeting #1 - Held Wednesday, January 18, from 6:30 - 8 p.m., at Rocky Run ES (View the Presentation)
- Community Meeting #2 - Monday, January 30, from 6:30 - 8 p.m., at T. Benton Gayle MS (View the Presentation)
Comprehensive Plan Compliance Review: TBD
Stafford County Public Schools is seeking feedback from our learning community regarding Elementary School 18. As you complete the questions below, we invite you to step into the future. Imagine this successful school program 10 years from now. What are our elementary students learning and how does their K-5 experience prepare them for grades 6-12 and beyond? Share your feedback using this Google form.