Interested in enrolling your child for 2019-2020 school year?
If you think you are Interested in enrolling your child for 2020-2021 school year please read the following before applying.
Our program is only for potty trained 3 and 4 year old children that wish to attend North Stafford's Little Wolverine Den for the 2018-2019 school year. Children should be 3 on or by September 30th 2020.
Things to consider before applying:
1. Our program begins in September and runs until the end of April or the beginning of May. Exact dates to be determined.
2. We meet on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 8 AM to 12 PM.
3. We follow Stafford County Public School's calendar and we may have additional closing due to things happening the school, for example; we close for review and mid-term exams.
4. Our program is supervised by a certified teacher but the preschoolers' main teachers are high school students.
5. There are approximately 28 preschool students and 14-20 high school students in the room at one time. It gets loud and there is a lot going on at once. If your child is extremely sensitive to noise or gets very easily distracted, this may not be the program for them.
6. Attendance and punctuality is extremely important in this program. The high school students rely on the preschoolers being here to complete assignments and to be a part of their small groups. Please know that excessive absences and tardies, not due to illness or special circumstances, will cause your child to be removed from the program and be replaced by a child on the waiting list.
7.The fee for this program is $220 for the year currently, but could be raised for next year by the county.
8.If your child is accepted you will need to pay a $50 non-refundable hold fee within 1 month of acceptance notification or your child's spot will be given to another child on the wait list. The $50 will go towards the $220 total which will be due at the parent orientation in August/September 2019. Exact dates are to be determined.
9. Filling out the application does not guarantee your child a spot in our program. We accept returning students first, siblings of currently enrolled students second, and then we accept based on application order while trying to keep the ratio of males and females and 3 and 4 year olds fairly equal.
I will contact you through e-mail to let you know if your child has been accepted or wait-listed no later than mid April.
The application for the 2020-2021 school year will be available on January 15th at 8AM here on this webpage.
Thank you for your interest in The Little Wolverine's Den.
-Mrs. Jen Miller